Friday, May 9, 2014

New Workshop Part II

As I promised on Monday...my workshop!
I still have a few more things to finish up to complete the workshop, but for now it is functional and works well! The things I want to do are for aesthetic purposes not functionality. 
Tabatha's (my BFF) husband was able to get us some desktops from his work and my husband made the base with scrap wood that we had in the garage. That will be painted this summer when I have time...it's pretty rough looking, but it works for now. I bought a drop cloth from Lowes and covered the work space with it. 
 I put my scrapbook paper in the filing cabinet, along with some of my extra supplies...it works so well, because I can also roll it around the room if I am being lazy and don't want to get up. I know...ridiculous, just being honest! 
 Do you like those pillows stuck in the window back there? My kids did that when they had the T.V. down there. I have put up curtains, but I haven't taken a picture of those yet...I will share that later.
 I needed my barstool to be a little taller, so we put a pillow on top of it and covered it with some of the extra drop cloth from the table top. The old tool box that I have in the middle of the table was out in my husband's shed and I stole it! I love it! It houses all of my paint and the supplies that I use the most.
 Like I said, there are a few things I want to do this summer to beautify my work space, but for now...it works well and I love being down in the basement. When I am finished beautifying the space I will snap some photos and share them with you!
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there...you truly have the hardest job in the world, but it is worth it.
~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover